van nasty

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

post mardi-gras, pre-chocolate easter bunnies

i feel an inexplicable, and overwhelming, urge to go to mass today and im not even catholic. apparently catholic guilt is THAT strong.

i havent thought about what im giving up for lent this year. all the obvious things (coffee, diet coke, elevators) are out of the question. i dont see the point in giving up things that will make my life less convenient. however, i will, as always, give up abstinence. slutting it up for jesus is an annual sacrifice i make to demonstrate the strength of the covenant between god and myself.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger ecileh said...

Usually, I give up Catholocism for Lent. This year, I chose bagels.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

van nasty

My Photo
Name:
Location: van nasty, washington, dc

i have better taste in music than you and more makeup than a drag queen.

come and talk to me