van nasty

Thursday, September 21, 2006

hang on, sad little tomato

this mornings "weekend pass" section of the express is mocking me. its tough-lovin' me like a my mom when she used to yell at me to change into something more respectful because no daughter of hers is going out in public wearing a belly shirt and fake tramp stamp like a refugee from a guns and roses video, then would hug me close and tell me she's just doing it because she loves me and wants me to be safe.

the tough part was the cover with a picture of pink martini, who are playing the lisner tonight, without me in the audience because i didnt manage to get tickets in time, even though ive known about this show for months. note to self - never put a friend in charge of getting tickets for you when you could do it your damned self.

the love part was discovering that marva wright (of marva wright and the bmws) is living right here in the metro area, post katrina, and is performing tonight through sunday at blues alley. i havent seen marva since i went home to nola for jazz fest a few years ago, but she is always amazing; you dont know nuthin about the blues till you hear it preached by miss marva.

p.s. most. links. ever.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cant believe that Pink Martini was here... that just makes me sad.

8:43 AM  
Blogger van nasty said...

you and me both sister. and the worst part is, i knew for MONTHS. but my friend is a GW student so he could get them cheaper, and im cheap, so... therein lies the problem.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

van nasty

My Photo
Name:
Location: van nasty, washington, dc

i have better taste in music than you and more makeup than a drag queen.

come and talk to me